The meeting gets underway with registration at 8:30 and meeting start at 9AM and going until the conclusion of business that day.
Elko has elected 6 delegates and myself as representation to the meeting that has all operations from around the Local attending.
Elected from Elko are:Tom Molenaar
Typical business for the ADM is:
- Debate of Resolutions submitted at the Sub-Local meeting in March
- Financial Reports
- Sub-Local and Industry Reports
- Guest Speakers
- Election of delegates to various conferences
- Election of Local Union Trustee(s)
- Election of Officers of the Local – all of which are up for election for three-year terms
Although you may not be a delegate, as a member in good standing you are entitled to attend with one vote.
I encourage all who are able to attend and get to know the workings of your Local Union.
USW Elko Plant Committee Chair
USW Local 1-405 2nd Vice-President